Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Update: SF and Coachella (part 2)

So, Mateo came down to spend the long weekend in Palm Springs with us. He decided that he wanted to surprise Jason so I didn't say anything. We drove the 2 hours and got to the house that we rented in Palm Desert. It was such a beautiful house: 3 bedroom, 2 bath with a pool and hot tub...plus a guest house with another bed and bath.

Oh and if you couldn't tell by the title of this entry, the reason we were in Palm Springs is because of the Coachella Music Festival. Andrew and friends of ours (Michelle, Jason G and Gordon) have been going every year for the last 4-5 years. I went last year for the first time and had a blast. We all rent a house as close to the shows as we can (hence why we were staying in Palm Desert instead of Palm Springs proper) and make a great weekend out of it. Michelle also always hooks us up with VIP passes which makes the events much more enjoyable. The VIP amenities are pretty awesome and gets us up-close and personal with all of the celebrities that tend to go to the event. This year Paris Hilton leaned on Andrew as she was trying to get through the crowd. LOL

Unfortunately the line-up this year wasn't that great. So I decided to not go to any of the shows but instead make it a lazy weekend by the pool catching up with my dear friend Jason. So, here are the highlights of this past weekend:
- Wed Mateo and I drove down to PS. We got to the house, dropped our stuff off and immediately went to the store to load up on booze, food...and more booze. Jason came over after his classes and was very happy to be surprised by the big Armenian friend in the kitchen making drinks...not calling you fat, Mateo. LOL. Andrew got in from SF around 9 and we all had dinner....and more drinks. Needless to say, Wed night was a ton of fun and very messy.
- Thurs the rest of the group trickled in throughout the day. Pretty mellow day...pretty much hung by the house playing games and by the pool. Everyone made it by dinner time and Mateo cooked for all of us. It was sooooo yummy. He made an Armenian dish which apparently is his parents' favorite dish. It was so good, that our vegetarian friend, Michelle, had two servings of the pork that Mateo made.....okaaaaaay!
- Fri was an incredible day! My husband, Michelle, Jason, Mischa (Jason's girlfriend) and Gordon headed to the festival. Mateo took me out to this place he had been to before to ride ATVs. It was soooo much fun! It took me a little bit to get the whole gear thing (ended up in the bushes within the first 4 minutes because I didn't know how to slow down - LOL), but once I got the hang of it, it was so much fun. We were like little kids up and down the hills, racing each other and just having a great time. Here are a few pics:









- Fri night Mateo and I had dinner plans at Jason and Ashley's place. Ashley had friends visiting from Santa Barbara and Jason wanted us to meet his PS bff, Joel, so it was going to be a nice big dinner party. I was a little stressed because I had a surprise for Mateo and Jason. Rex called me up the night before to tell me that he was checking out flights to come down to PS and surprise Mateo and Jason. Apparently he wanted to surprise me as well, but needed a project manager on the other end of the surprise to make sure it worked out....LOL. So, the plan was that Davey would call me when he got to Jason's, I would come up with a reason why I needed to go to my car and pick something up, bring him upstairs and lead him to the kitchen where he would casually be making a drink until Jason and/or Mateo spotted him. It worked and they were all surprised!!!! It was soooo awesome! Had a great dinner - Ashley, your South African chicken was delicious - we went out to Hunters and tore it up. Here is a pretty pic of Jason, Rex and Mateo riding the sketch train:

















- Sat we decided to have everyone over to the house and have a big 'ol pool party. Tons of fun...lots of sun, lots of booze and other things. Passed out by 6PM....LOL. Rex and Mateo rallied and went out around 9PM. I stayed home. I was done partying. They got home around midnight and said the bars were a bust. Glad I stayed home.
- Sun we met Jason and Ashley for lunch and then made the drive up to LA. As if we hadn't had enough parties that weekend, Mateo and I rallied and met my dear friends Roger and Darin at the Young Hollywood Awards show and dinner. We were exhausted but glad we made it. Mateo's highlight was seeing Abigail Breslin receive an award. My highlight was seeing America Ferrera...she is gorgeous! No ugly betty here.

Anyway, that's it in a nut shell. So awesome to spend time with my friends. Love you all so much.

This weekend my sister and her fiancee are visiting. It will be nice to spend time with them and get to know Jason a little bit more. Will write again next week.

No comments: